The school web radio aims in engaging students in results that directly related with European values, so as to acquire necessary social and intercultural competencies, skills and abilities associated with citizenship, through the promotion of democratic values and fundamental rights, social inclusion and anti-discrimination, as well as active participation in society.
All countries will participate in the development of common results as well as undertaking the responsibility to design and develop results of their own. We are expected to develop innovative outputs, and/or engage into intensive dissemination and exploitation activities of existing and newly produced products or innovative ideas:
• develop personal and common artwork, including 3D design models, mixed media, paintings and paper arts, pottery, music works, photography works, graffiti works etc.
• design events (i.e. charity events) for groups or community that brings people into connection with each other. This is often to be designed around a particular cause of social justice and equality.
• exchange of teacher activities (what works in terms of innovative methods and pedagogies), that strengthen the cooperation and networking between our organisations.
• making interviews or video films that tell the stories of passionate people who are making a difference in the world and the lives of others.
• students make a presentations of artworks, a monuments, films, an adverticements from their own country that celebrates or relates to project specific goal.
• effective use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). Produced materials will be made available for the public, in digital form, freely accessible through the Internet, (e- Gallery, web page, and social Media use).
In addition to the above, we expect students to:
- transfer abilities learnt during the partnership into useful competences for future university & everyday life.
- develop their problem-solving strategies & ability to compromise.
- integrate personal skills into school & project activities.
– develop critical thinking.
- learn leadership & group work skills
- share relevant information about their culture, in particular their lifestyle & traditions with their European partners.
- promote inter-cultural education.
- become tolerant towards “others” & help combat racial issues.
- help promote language learning & linguistic diversity at secondary school level across Europe.
- ensure the participation of pupils who are socio-economically disadvantaged or have special educational needs, they have the most need for such exchanges.
- gain experience in inputting data, & presenting it.
In addition to the above, we expect the schools & teachers to:
- share experiences with partner schools concerning methods of teaching art and design;
- increase the teachers’ skills in English & using ICT.
- make the school curriculum more attractive by incorporating the project activities into it, where possible.
- help turn school into a place where the pupils & the teachers live & work with pleasure.
- form new partnerships between different kind of schools, cultures & pupils.
- form new partnerships for future (exchange) programs for pupils & staff.
Our expected results for the local community:
- parents become more involved in school life & different activities connected with the project, including hosting foreign students which will broaden their horizons.
- a cooperation is developed between local & regional institutions and the partner schools.
- as students’ work is disseminated to parents, the local, regional, National and European community they will learn what changes are needed in order to improve the learning experience / schools - the final products will assist teacher training & educational reform.